The One Tree Hill fame, Jana Rae Kramer, is an American country music singer, writer, and actress. Her fans know Kramer for her role as Alex Dupre on the TV series One Tree Hill. Additionally, her role as Trudy Todaro in the movie “the Poker Club” was also widely appreciated. Then, she was seen in Friday Night Knights in 2006 and Entourage in 2004. Eventually, Jana Kramer began her musical career with the album Jana Kramer.
Subsequently, she released her second music album titled Thirty One in 2015. Both of her albums are widely known and successful for hit songs such as “Why YaWanna” and “I Got the Boy.” These two music albums had seven ranked singles on Country Airplay and Hot Country Songs of Billboard, including the top 10 hits.
Jana Kramer Bio
Jana Kramer is an American actress; she was born and brought up in a Christian family. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Jana Kramer’s age is 37 years. She is a beautiful actress and singer with a height of 163 centimeters or 5 feet 8 inches tall. Her body weight is around 52 kg or 114 lbs.
She has dark brown hair, a fair complexion, and blue eyes. Jana Kramer belongs to the white ethnicity. The actress resides in Los Angeles, California, USA. Kramer has a substantial social media following with around 200,000 followers on Twitter.
Kramer’s Family, Childhood and Education
Jana Kramer was born on 2nd December, 1983, in the serene city of Rochester Hills, Detroit, Michigan, USA. Jana Kramer was born to Nora Kramer and Martin Kramer.
Talking about Kramer’s education, she attended Rochester Adams High School. Jana Kramer can speak some German as her father is of German descent. She grew up with her elder brother, Steve Kramer, who is at the post of sergeant at the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office.
Jana Kramer Net Worth
Jana Kramer’s net worth is 3 million dollars at present. Moreover, her net worth is increasing each year. This enormous corpus is a result of her consistent hard work and the significant roles that she played on screen. Kramer has many successful roles, movies, and songs under her name.
Career and Major Achievements
Jana Kramer has had a successful and memorable career both in acting and singing. She worked in numerous films and television series such as Prom Night, Entourage, and One Tree Hill. Along with these roles, she played several other characters, which added to her fame.
Beginning of Acting Career
- Kramer made her acting debut in 2002 with a horror movie titled “Dead/Undead.” Kramer caught the eyes of critics by her acting.
- In 2003, Kramer kicked off her television career with her debut as a guest appearance on “All My Children.” This was her debut on the small screen and was an important milestone in her career.
- Since her TV debut, Jana has appeared in several TV shows such as Crime Scene Investigation, Private Practice, and CSI: NY. Her most famous role was in Grey’s Anatomy. The list is so long.
- Apart from these prominent roles, Jana Kramer appeared in supporting roles in movies such as Return of the Living Dead:Necropolis, Click, Prom Night, Heart of the Country, and Country Crush.
- In the year 2007, she worked in the NBC sports drama series Friday Night Lights. In the second season of the show, she appeared as Noelle Davenport.
- The actress appeared as a high school student Portia Ranson in the first season’s second episode of a teen drama, 90210.
- Jana Kramer appeared as a sorority girl in “The Party’s Over” in 2009. She worked in four episodes of the HBOTV series Entourage.
Peak of Acting Career
- In 2009, Kramer starred in the CW drama TV series 7th season of One Tree Hill. She appeared as Alex Dupre as an actress. The role of Alex Dupre is considered a major breakthrough in Kramer’s acting career. Additionally, this role brought her into the limelight and fastened her success journey in the industry. Initially, she was in a recurring role, which was later upgraded to permanent by the fourteenth episode. In 2012, Jana Kramer revealed that she would not appear regularly in One Tree Hill’s Ninth season in order to pursue her country music career. Her final appearance on the show was in the second episode titled “In the Room Where You Sleep” in 2012.
- Kramer also worked in a horror movie titled “The Gatekeeper.”
- In February 2012, Kramer appeared as a protagonist in the drama movie Heart of theShe played the role of Faith Carraday, an ambitious woman working on her dream show-biz. The character leaves everything and moves to North Carolina after her husband is arrested and jailed for Wall Street fraud.
Singing Career Of Jana Kramer
Kramer was always passionate about music. Thus, she began her country music career as a country singer in 2012. So, she became a country star soon after she released her first two singles.
- Jana signed a music recording contract with the very popular Elektra Records in 2011.
- Her promo track, “I Won’t Give Up” and “Whiskey” was premiered in the same year. Both of these songs were first premiered on the show One Tree Hill. Her first track, “I Won’t Give Up” was used in the episode “Holding Out for a hero” of the show “One Tree Hill.”
- These two promo tracks gave a successful start to the singer and ranked on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, just with the digital charts.
- In 2011, she started working on her debut music album, which was majorly produced by Scott Hendricks, a country music producer. Her debut album was “Jana Kramer.”
- In 2012, Jana Kramer released her first official single named “Why YaWanna.” Kristin Barlowe directed the official music video of the song. The song proved to be a major success. It ranked number 52 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and number 3 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs “Whiskey” is the album’s second official single.
- Kramer performed her single “Why YaWanna” live on Fox & Friends to promote her debut album ‘Jana Kramer.” Her debut was widely appreciated for Kramer’s vocals.
- In 2015, Jana Kramer released her second country album titled “Thirty One.”
Due to her brilliant songs and equally important vocals, she made it to the seven lists of Billboard. Furthermore, she writes country airplay and country genre songs.
Nominations and Awards Of Jana Kramer
During her career, Jana Kramer received the following nominations:
- Female Video of the Year at CMT Music Awards, 2013
- Top new female artist at the American Country Awards, 2012
- Female Vocalist of the Year at American Music Awards, 2016
- Vocalist of the Year at American Music Awards, 2016
- Female Breakthrough of the Year at American Music Awards, 2016
During her career, Jana Kramer received various nominations for different roles and categories. Moreover, she has also begged ACM Award in 2013 for the Top New Female Artist.
Jana Kramer and Dancing with the Stars
In 2016, Kramer competed in the 23rd season of Dancing with the Stars. Kramer’s professional partner in Dancing with the Stars was Gleb Savchenko. The professional duo performed really well and managed to reach the finals of the show. However, they were not able to win the show.
Relationship, Marriage, and Spouse
- Jana Kramer’s love life is much like a roller coaster ride. In 2004, Kramer married Michael Gambino, an American comic, writer, and actor. Gambino appeared in movies such as The Black Knight Returns Cuz-Bros, and Mind of Menicia. However, the couple divorced just a few months later as Jana Kramer suffered severe domestic violence. Then, Michael Gambino was convicted on attempted murder
- After around five years of her divorce with Gambino, Kramer met Johnathon Schaech on the set of Prom Night. The couple tied the knot in Michigan the next year. However, the couple announced their separation just a month later. In 2011, Kramer and Schaech’s divorced each other.
- During CMT Music Awards, 2012, Kramer met singer Brantley Gilbert and started dating shortly after. He is a country music singer. On Gilbert’s 28th birthday in 2013, the couple tied the knot.
- Kramer met Michael Caussin via social media platform, Twitter. Then, Kramer and Caussin began dating. A few weeks later, Kramer revealed on social media that they had broken up because Caussin cheated on her. Shortly after the incident, Kramer publicly forgave Caussin, and they got back together.
- At American Country Music Awards in 2015, Kramer talked about her unhealthy and failed relationship with Brantley Gilbert. Kramer explained that she was in an unhealthy space mentally. Due to the unstable environment, she entered into problematic and toxic relationships. The actress also spoke about her healthy relationship with Mike Caussin. The couple married each other on Kramer’s birthday.
Divorce From Mike Caussin
The couple announced the news of pregnancy their first child in 2015. Their first child, Jolie Rae Caussin, was a girl. However, due to Caussin’s rehab for sex addiction, the couple broke up but reconciled again in the next year. Later, the couple also talked about Caussin’s sex addiction as the fundamental issue in the relationship.
At present, Kramer is a mother to two beautiful children, Jolie Rae Caussin and Jace Joseph Caussin. Recently in 2021, Kramer has applied for divorce from her husband, Mike Caussin.
Jana Kramer is a talented actor and singer. She has proved her potential to her fans and critics. Moreover, Kramer excelled in various domains of acting, writing, and singing. Her story is an excellent example of ups and downs with hard work, failure, success, determination, heartbreaks, pain, and especially separation.
Jana Kramer is quite active on social media platforms and shares tits bits of her life regularly. It is great to see the way she managed heartbreaks and still kept going on. Despite all the hardships, she emerged stronger and victorious. Jana Kramer is still working to move upward professionally.