Dane Cook is a film actor and most importantly, a stand-up comedian from America. His birth name is Dane Jeffrey Cook. His six albums related to comedy are quite famous. During his 28 years of age, “Retaliation” became his highest charted comedy album. In short, 2006 was highly glorious for him because of all the good chances he got perform in HBO specials. However, everyone likes him for his dark comedy and vulgar humor too. His dark comedy was at the peak during those days. Thus, apart from being a comedian, he was also an actor.
Subsequently, his most famous films are “GOOD LUCK CHUCK, DAN IN REAL LIFE, and MY BEST FRIEND’S GIRL” etc. He was not only an actor but he also played a lead voice role in a computer animated sports film. The name of the film was “PLANES: FIRE AND RESCUE” in the year, 2013.
However, during the initial stages of his life, he faced several struggles. In spite of all his struggles, Dane Cook always maintained a motivating and energetic behaviour. His stand-up shows undoubtedly always sell all its tickets within hours. His second comedy album was released which was at no. 4th on Billboard charts. Thus, Dane Cook always believed in himself. During all those 15 years of struggle, he achieved whatever he wanted to be.
Dane Cook Biography
Dane Jeffrey Cook was born on 18th march in the year, 1972. He grew up in an Irish descent’s Catholic family. Later on, he went to Arlington high school. However, he was an introvert and a shy boy. Likewise, he also took a course in graphic designing as a backup. Thus, shortly after overcoming the shyness, he started to practice acting and stand-up comedy as well. However, he was always in confusion about the success of his stand-up comedy career. Therefore, he chose graphic designing. Thus, these designing skills helped him design his merchandises for the cover pages of his albums.
Dane Cook House
Cambridge, Massachusetts, U. S. is the birthplace of Dane Cook. Thus, he stayed in Arlington, Massachusetts for his high schooling. Cook’s house is in L.A.’s iconic Sunset Strip, on a quiet cul-de-sac. Nearly half acres of the land includes a 2,276 square foot home with 3 bedrooms and 3 baths to sum up the details. However, the house was not bought by Dane in the beginning. Previously, there was a family who owned the house, but they sold it for $81,500.
Dane Cook Brother Darryl McCauley
Dane Cook’s brother’s name is Darryl. Initially, Cook earned millions of dollars. So, in order to manage all his money, he gave the job of his manager job to his brother. However, he was not very trustworthy. The reason is behind it is that Cook’s brother and wife stole millions of money from him. Thus, they started a new business with that amount of money. However, they had to pay around $12 million as compensation.
Dane Cook Career
- Initially, Dane started to perform as stand-up comedian in clubs in mid 1990s.
- After shifting in the New York City, he started to perform regularly from 1994. After quite some time, he shifted to Los Angeles. He didn’t get much popularity until he performed on Comedy Central’s Premium Blend in 1998. His 30 minutes’ special performance on Comedy Central created a massive hype. He also won the Comedy Central Stand-up showdown 2 times.
- In this year, his first DVD/ CD named, “Harmful If Swallowed”, created a huge uproar. He also signed a contract for a certified platinum album with Comedy Central Records.
- In the year 2005, his second DVD/CD was released. Its name was “Retaliation”. Moreover, this album touched double platinum. In that year, he also appeared on an HBO’s Special for the first time. A “Tourgasm” tour, a 20-show college tour, was recorded by HBO and also a 9 episode documentary was made on it.
- However, the biggest hit of 2005 was that he created his own company, named “Super finger Entertainment”. His only intention was to publish his own created albums and videos.
- In the year 2007, he received the “BEST COMEDIAN” award. After Andrew Dice Clay (1990), Dane Cook became the second-most comedian to grow a such a huge fan base in the Madison Square Garden’s large arena.
- In the following year, he was awarded with the Big Entertainer Award at the VH1 Big in ’06 Awards and Rolling Stone magazine’s Hot Comic of the Year.
- Besides winning the awards, he also released his third CD/DVD, named “Rough around the edges”. He broke the Laugh Factory’s record on 10th April 2007 as he performed for three hours and fifty minutes straight on stage. But Dave Chappelle broke that record after 5 days. But on 1st January 2008, Cook re-broke his record and this time he performed for 7 straight hours.
- During May, 2008, he again joined Robert Kelly to perform the shows in Caesars Palace.
- Meanwhile Dane Cook completed his fourth album called, “Isolated Incident”. Thus, later on, he performed at the Laugh factory in Hollywood.
- After that, in 2016, he was certainly named with Sebastian Maniscalco at the Oddball Comedy Festival in Dallas, during Texas and the Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Festival in Irvine, California. He then visited Canada at the annual “Just for Laughs” comedy festival.
- Later on, he performed at Hard Rock Rocksino. “TELL IT LIKE IT IS” was a full scale stand-up tour by Dane Cook. This started in New York during February 2019.
Dane Cook Colorado
Dane Cook was enjoying a smooth and glorious career until he created a controversy. He made fun out of the 2012 Aurora, Colorado shooting in a comedy club that in turn, lead to some controversial headlines about him. However, later on, he apologised for his actions and told that he didn’t mean. He was extremely sorry for the families and relatives of the victims.
Dane Cook Movies
Dane Cook played small roles in cinemas in late 1990. Thus, his first role was in Mystery Men as The Waffler. His second lead role he got was as Zack Bradley — Employee of the Month. That $12 million budget film however made almost $30 million. He played Mr. Smith’s role in Mr. Brooks that further grossed $10,017,067 in its first week. Thus, the list of his films are:
- Planes: Back to School as Dusty Crophopper
- 2021, Patrice O’Neal: Killing Is Easy as Himself
- 2020, Fast Times at Ridgemont High: A Virtual Table Read as Mark “Rat” Ratner
- 2020, Feeding America Comedy Festival
- 2019, American Exit as Charlie
- 2018, The American Meme as Himself
- 2017, American Gods (1 episode) as Robbie
- 2015,400 Days as Dvorak
- 2014, Planes: Vitaminamulch Air Spectacular as Dusty Crophopper
- 2014, Troublemaker as Himself
- 2014, Planes: Fire & Rescue as Dusty Crophopper (voice)
- 2014, Late Night with Seth Meyers (1 episode) as Self
- 2014, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (1 episode)
- 2013, Planes: Meet the Stars as Dusty Crophopper (Voice)
- 2013, Planes as Dusty Crophopper (voice)
- 2012, Guns, Girls and Gambling as Sheriff Hutchins
- 2012, Inside Comedy (1 episode) as Self
- 2011, Answers to Nothing as Ryan
- 2011, Detention as Principal Karl Verge
- 2009, 30 Premeditated Acts as Himself
- 2009, Isolated Incident as Dane Cook
- 2008, My Best Friend’s Girl as Tank
- 2007, Dan in Real Life as Mitch
- 2007, Rough Around the Edges as Himself
- 2007, Good Luck Chuck as Dr. Charlie Logan
- 2007, Farce of the Penguins as Online Penguin (voice)
- 2007, Mr. Brooks as Mr. Smith
- 2006, Employee of the Month as Zack
- 2006, Vicious Circle as Himself
- 2006, Just for Laughs Stand Up, Vol. 2: On the Edge as himself
- 2005, Waiting… as Floyd
- 2005, London as George
- 2005, Too Late with Adam Carolla (1 episode)
- 2005, Dane Cook: Retaliation as Himself
- 2005, Dave Attell’s Insomniac Tour: Uncensored!
- 2004, Mr. 3000 as Sausage Mascot
- 2004, Torque as Neil Luff
- 2003, Stuck on You as Officer Fraioli
- 2003, Windy City Heat as Roman Polanski
- 2003, Comedy Central Roast of Denis Leary as Himself
- 2003, Dane Cook: Harmful if Swallowed as Himself
- 2003, Jimmy Kimmel Live! (6 episodes)
- 2003,8 Guys
- 2002, The Touch as Bob
- 2002, E! Live from the Red Carpet (1 episode) as Self
- 2001, Next Caller (2 episodes) as Cam
- 1999, The Early Show (1 episode) as Self
- 1999, Teen Choice Awards (2 episodes) as Himself
- 1999, Mystery Men as The Waffler
- 1999, The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn (2 episodes) as Self
- 1999, Simon Sez as Nick Miranda
- 1997, Buddy as Fair Cop
- 1995, Maybe This Time (2 episodes) as Kyle
- 1993, Late Night with Conan O’Brien (3 episodes) as Self – Guest
- 1992, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (5 episodes)
- 1975, Saturday Night Live
- (1 episode) as Self – Host / Saddam Hussein
- (1 episode) as Steve
- (1 episode) as Self – Host / Jay Feely
- 1952, Today (1 episode)
Dane Cook TV Shows
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, 2014
- Inside Comedy, 2015
- Chelsea Lately, 2014
- Comedy Bang! Bang! 2014
- The Meredith Vieira Show, 2014
- The View, 2014
- Watch What Happens: Live, 2014
- Larry King Now, 2013
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 2013
- Piers Morgan Tonight, 2011
- The Jay Leno Show, 2009
- It’s on With Alexa Chung, 2009
- Today, 2006
Dane Cook Voice Acting
- Crank Yankers, 2007
- Shorties Watchin’ Shorties, 2004
- Planes: Fire & Rescue as Dusty
- Planes as Dusty Crophopper
- Farce of the Penguins as Online Penguin
Dane Cook Books
- Isolated Incident
- Rough Around the Edges
- Vicious Circle
- Harmful if Swallowed
- 8 Guys
Dane Cook Awards
Dane Cook is a famous and prestigious comedian, actor, vocal artist and in addition, also a host. He also received the “TEEN CHOICE AWARD FOR CHOICE COMEDIAN”. His other awards in short are:
● Pixie Awards
2000, Winner for Best Actor in an i-Feature Film, Spiral (1999)
● Razzie Awards
- 2008, Nominee, Razzie Award Worst Screen Couple
- Awake (2007)
- Good Luck Chuck (2007)
- 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)
- Shared with: Jessica Alba, Hayden Christensen & Ioan Gruffudd
● ShoWest Convention, USA
2007, Winner of Breakout Performance of the Year
● Teen Choice Awards
2007, Winner, Choice Comedian
Dane Cook Lifestyle
Dane Cook Age
He is more than 50 years old.
Dane Cook House
He lives in Los Angeles.
Dane Cook Height
Dane Cook’s Height is 6 Feet (1.83 m), weight is 79 kg (174.2 lbs) and in addition waist is 32 Inches.
Dane Cook Wife
Dane Cook further is not married yet.
Dane Cook And His Girlfriend Kelsi Taylor
It is expected that he will marry his girlfriend, Kelsi Taylor soon. They started to date each other almost five years ago. But the biggest twist is that, Kelsi is 26 years younger than Dane cook. For them, the age difference doesn’t matter.
Dane Cook Net Worth
Dane Cook has a net worth of $35 million in addition to all aspects. Thus, he is quite a successful and an established actor.
What did Dane Cook’s brother do to him?
When Dane Cook asked his brother to manage his money and wealth, his brother, Darryl was caught stealing millions of dollars from his Dane’s bank account. For this crime, he and his wife had were pleaded guilty and arrested.
Where was employee of the month filmed?
This film was about two shop employees who fell in love with their co-worker. This film was shot at Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Where is Kelsi Taylor from?
Kelsi is Dane Cook’s fiancé. She is a musician and lives in Nevada, United States.
What was the store in Employee of the Month?
The store that was shown in the movie is in Costco in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Where did Dane Cook go to college?
He went to Arlington High School.
Did Dane Cook and Jessica Alba ever date?
An interview on comic con revealed that they had chemistry but there was no relationship between them previously. This couple were just friends. However, currently Dane is dating Kelsi.