For businesses that utilize them, fleet vehicles that can be seen on the roads within their local area serve multiple purposes. Not only do they allow company employees or service professionals to get to appointments and job sites quickly, but they also serve as a fantastic way for you to market your business simultaneously.
One thing you may have noticed about many such company vehicles: They often tend to be white. Why is this, what are some of the company types that most frequently utilize fleet vehicles, and how can these vehicles be used for additional advertising purposes? Here’s a broad look at several related topics.
Kinds of Companies That Often Utilize Vehicle Fleets
Chances are, you’re quite familiar with at least a few industries or company types where vehicle fleets are common. Some good examples include:
- Plumbing services: It’s not at all uncommon for plumbing companies to own multiple vehicles that are used to transport both people and equipment to various job sites, while also serving as a rolling billboard of sorts.
- HVAC services: Just like plumbing companies, those in the business of repairing and maintaining air conditioning and heating units often utilize vehicles to get around town.
Food delivery: From pizza places to Chinese food restaurants, if a business delivers food to customers’ homes or workplaces, they will likely have a fleet of vehicles to help make that happen.
- Towing services: When a vehicle breaks down or is involved in an accident, it needs to be towed to a safe location. Towing companies usually have a fleet of trucks that are used for this purpose.
- Auto services: Mobile auto repair services and oil change companies often have fleets of vans or other vehicles that they use to travel to customers’ locations.
- Utility providers: Electricity, water, and gas companies all have employees who must travel to various locations to do their jobs. As a result, these businesses usually have fleets of vehicles as well.
Also Read – SEO for Business Growth: Why Your Company Needs Search Engine Optimization
Why Are Many Fleet Vehicles White?
You may have noticed that many of the fleet vehicles you see from various companies and entities on the road today are white. Whether we’re talking vans, trucks, or cars, white seems to be a very popular color for fleet vehicles.
There are several reasons for this:
- Heat reflection: First and foremost, white vehicles reflect heat better than darker-colored vehicles. This is especially important in hot climates, as it helps to keep the interior of the vehicle cooler. For companies where service professionals or employees spend a lot of time in the vehicle, this can be a very important consideration.
- Less dirt and grime: It’s also easier to keep a white vehicle clean than one with a darker color. This is especially true if the vehicle is used for commercial purposes and gets dirty frequently. A company that wants its fleet vehicles to look presentable at all times will often opt for white.
- Better visibility: White vehicles are also easier to see than darker-colored ones, which can be important for safety reasons. This is especially true for utility companies, who want their fleet vehicles to be as visible as possible to avoid accidents.
- Makes objects appear larger: Both for advertising and for safety purposes, it’s often desirable to make objects appear larger than they actually are. The human brain tends to perceive white objects as being larger than they really are, which is why many companies opt for this color when choosing fleet vehicles.
- Background and advertising potential: Another major reason why fleet vehicles are often white is that they provide a blank canvas of sorts for background images and advertising graphics. These can be applied to the sides and back of the vehicle, turning it into a rolling billboard for your business. For example, let’s say you own a plumbing company. You could have your company logo and contact information applied to the sides and back of your fleet vehicles, turning them into mini moving billboards that help to promote your business wherever they go.
- Higher resale value: Company fleet vehicles do sometimes need to be sold, either when they’re no longer needed or when a company goes out of business. When this happens, it’s often desirable to sell them for as much money as possible. White fleet vehicles typically have a higher resale value than those with darker colors, so this is another reason why they’re often chosen.
- Less fading: Finally, white vehicles also tend to fade less than their darker-colored counterparts. This means that they will look newer for longer, which is important for companies that want their fleet vehicles to make a good impression.
How White Vehicles Are Utilized for Advertising
There are several great methods by which you can utilize a white company fleet vehicle to serve as a mobile advertisement:
- Car magnets and signs: Custom car magnets and signs from top providers can be applied to the sides and back of your vehicle, turning it into a rolling billboard. You can even have multiple magnets or signs made so that you can rotate them out periodically to keep your advertising fresh. A common format here, for instance, is displaying your company logo on one side of the vehicle and your contact information on the other.
- Graphics: Many companies opt to have custom graphics applied to their fleet vehicles as well. This can be anything from a simple logo or tagline to more elaborate designs that incorporate your company’s branding. This is a great way to make your fleet vehicles stand out and really get noticed.
- Window decals: Window decals are another popular option for fleet vehicle advertising. These can be applied to the windows of your vehicles, and come in a wide variety of designs and styles. Many companies use window decals to display their contact information, but they can also be used for things like promoting special offers or displaying company logos.
If you’re considering the use of any of these methods for advertising your business, white fleet vehicles provide the perfect blank canvas. It’s a great way to get noticed and promote your business, all while keeping your vehicles looking clean and presentable.
Consider these tips when choosing fleet vehicles for your business, plus when thinking about how to utilize them for marketing purposes.